I don’t like New Year’s Resolutions. I just don’t.
I do however like goals. So, instead of saying what I’m not going to do (which is what it seems like a lot of resolutions are), here’s a list of things I’d like to do this year.
- Read more. But, if a book isn’t working for me, admit that it’s not and put it down.
I want to read more books. I’ve never kept up with how many books I read in a year, so I’m just going to say I’d like to read 50 books this year.
But, the second the book stops working for me, admit that it’s not working for me and put it down. No matter how many people OMG LOVE this book or how many awards it gets, put it down.
- Write more. That’s an obvious one and one that I feel like is on my goals EVERY year.
- Be more intentional with my interactions. Both in real life and on line. I want to hear more from people, hear their stories, listen to their words. I want to work on a way to find my reasonable tone when people say things that I absolutely don’t agree with.
- Be less irate about things I can’t change and then do something to change them.
- Be more organized in life. Which also means being neater and not letting clutter build up in my life.
- And maybe use my gym as an actual gym instead of a place to write.