I am frequent and loyal listener to the NPR Podcast Pop Culture Happy Hour. Each week they close out the show with what’s making them happy. I’m blatantly stealing this idea.
- The first one I got from Linda Holmes on PCHH. She mentioned the show Good Girls Revolt on Amazon Prime. It’s a fictionalized version of when the women at Newsweek sued the magazine so they could become reporters. It’s got a great story, great acting, fantastic costumes.
- I’ve been reading a lot lately. Let’s talk about Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. It’s got a main character who is disabled. Know what the stories about? Not his disability. Go read it. It’s great.
- My new bullet journal. It’s more about list making for me. I love that. I ordered an Erin Condren journal to use. I love the idea of planners so much, they make me so happy, and after about month 2 I just lose all hope and put it in my phone. This way I can do both. I’ll report back in two months on how it’s going.
- I got a new hair cut today.
5. About two weeks ago, maybe more, I saw a tweet that was a call for people with disabilities and our fears about the new administration. I responded. Here’s the finished project. 13 People With Disabilities Discuss Their Post-Election Concerns
So, this is what is making me happy this week. What’s making YOU happy?